Changing lives in whatever we do
Our commitment to good corporate citizenship is reflected in our core values and extends into the heart of everything we do. As an organisation, we recognise that we have impact that goes beyond our core activities and as such, it is our responsibility to give back to the very communities we serve.
SAMWUMED has made it a priority to foster economic, social and environmental sustainability. Each year, SAMWUMED strives to make a positive difference in communities around South Africa through donations and employee volunteerism.
Our community projects are an extension of our culture and form an important part of our company’s heritage.
Beneficiaries of the Scheme's social development initiatives include:
- Heartfm & SAMWUMED 12 Days of Xmas Wheelchair Donation
- Saartjie Baartman Centre for Women and Children
- Zanokhanyo Childrens Safety Home
- St. Lukes Hospice
- Peninsula School Feeding Association
- Sarah Fox Children's Hospital
- Phoenix Burns Project
- City of Cape Town's Soccer Association
- Workers' World Media Productions
- Cape Town Television
- South African Medical Research Foundation