A medical aid scheme for workers by workers
The South African Municipal Workers Union National Medical Scheme (SAMWUMED) has established itself as the only worker-driven, national-accredited, self-administered medical aid scheme in South Africa, providing cost efficient, quality healthcare for all local government employees and related government support workers.
Operating under the strong conviction that all South Africans are entitled to quality healthcare at an affordable cost, SAMWUMED continues to provide relevant healthcare benefits at low contributions.
People are at the heart of all we do. For this reason, we strive to provide our members with positive experiences that go beyond simply facilitating healthcare transactions. Our success is based on high reserve levels (50%), good corporate governance and a focus on service excellence which together, ensure that our members and their families have access to the right medical cover when they need it.
In this way, we see ourselves not just as a medical aid scheme, but as an advocate of our members’ interests and their right to a healthy life.
We commit ourselves to service excellence by providing the most affordable, member friendly, accessible and accountable scheme and administration.
- To be the leading medical scheme in the local government sector
- To provide a holistic and progressive primary health service nationally
- To provide guaranteed affordability by offering appropriate benefits and access to the best medical services
- To create healthy and satisfied members through education and efficient administration in a member-friendly environment
- Commitment to the principle of non-profit and to remain sustainable
- To be one of the most desired organisations to work for in South Africa
- To promote a clean, healthy and sustainable environment
Integrity | Discipline | Responsibility / Accountability | Value of the Self / Organisation / Society
Click on the links to the right to find out more about SAMWUMED